Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Current Status

Hello Everyone!

I have not updated my website nor my blog in a very long time. For years now I have intended to completely redesign my website and have unfinished artwork finally finished, but due to lack of time I have not been able to.

I have a new job now and feel I have absolutely no time at all for personal projects. My time and energy is consumed greatly by my new job - but I like my new job! It presents me with creative challenges and I feel I am learning new things which is always great. I have had to unfurtunately drop many outside projects and I am very sorry with those who's projects I had to let go and have asked to understand my situation. It is not that I do not want to work on your projects, it is just that I feel I have no energy left to pour into projects outside of my current job.

There is however one project which I remain working on. Not a project of mine but of a friend who I promised to create a design for his website. He has been incredibly patient (You have no idea!) His design is being handcrafted fully which means I am drawing absolutely everything from scratch (including textures) So that plus not having the sufficient time and feeling mentally tired is what is keeping me from delivering his design.

Believe me, there are days that I wish I could sit down and work on my own personal things but after a whole week putting my brain to work on designs for the clients of the company I work for, the last thing I want to do when getting back home from work and sometimes even weekends is sit down infront of a computer and open up Photoshop.

I decided to post this tonight as I have recently received an email requesting commissioned work from me and to update on my availability status. I am sorry but I cannot accept any commissioned work at the moment due to the things I have just mentioned.

I am the kind of person who isolates when is very busy and I am sure my MSN contacts have noticed that I rarely even get online nowadays. You may however reach me via Facebook - leave me a message there if you want. I am sure to see it sometime during the day and respond back. Emails sent to info (at) cristianlandero.com I check at nights.

So there you have an update on my current status. The reasons why I have not posted any new artwork on any of my online galleries. I am sure to make probably a comeback sometime in the future but in the meantime - I just can't.

I am still designing as you can read and making a living out of it so that makes me happy.

Good luck everyone!
... Until the next post when who knows when that will be.

Cris.

No comments:

Post a Comment